Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys,

Before I waste 50-60 bucks on a "learn to use Flash" book, I'm wondering if I have the basic requirements. Is it a programming and math oriented tool? Will I suck with it if I'm not versed in those talents (ie my math sucks and Im not a programmer). Or is it more of a Dreamweaver/Photoshop/Frontpage type of tool?

Jarrett

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Flash can be both.. It can be used either way. However, like dreamweaver and photoshop, the real power of the program is only accessiable once you have learned its more advanced featuers. But good projects can be producted using only basic scripting*. You can start small, and then advance as your needs advance. In fact flash is a great place to learn your first scripting lanuage, action script. Once you get that down other scripting/programming lanuages will be much easier to learn. So you could use flash as a springboard into other areas.

However , as I stated, the more you know things like basic scripting syntax(specifically dot syntax) and the more you know about math (like trigonimitry) the better your projects will be*.

So I dont know if you would consider it a 'waste' to buy a 50-60 dollar book since you already bought flash.. I would condider the price you paid for flash a waste if you dont learn how to use it. You did after all BUY flash didn't you??

*This of course is assuming you have artistic talent.

Remove Ads