Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    How can I have it, so that I have a movie that play. Then a button appears. On the click of this button, it plays another movie, and THEN opens the page.

So I could have like:

Intro Movie P1 > Enter Button Appears > Enter Button is pressed > Intro Movie P2 > Home.htm appears.

That would be the chain of events. I hope you understand this. It happens on the intro/splash page on www.4shadow.com.

Thanks, will7.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    You could have the two intro movies in 2 separate scene WITHIN the same movie. So you would have a 'Stop' command on the last frame of the first scene where the enter button appears then when it is clicked it jumps to the 2nd scene and plays that. I think you can put a link in so that on the last frame it opens that page.

Alternatively you could have the enter button load up a new html page and then the 2nd movie plays then go to the home page.

I hope this helps at least a little...if you understand what i actually mean.

Member #
    In my opinion, it would depend on how big these intros are going to be. If they are going to be big, then I would recommend two seperate files. Then have a movie which loads these into it. Example: Have one main file called main.swf. This movie will just have an empty mc in the upper left hand corner. Then, on the first frame, loadMovie(firstintro.swf) into that movie clip. Then, after that intro is done, put up a button that unloads that movie and loads in the next one. Then, at the end of that one, have a link to the site. The reason I would do it this way is so you can have seperate preloaders for each intro. I think it would be possible to have one file and preload each section seperate, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if this would be the best way to do it, but it's what I would do. I can throw together a quick example if you need it.

Remove Ads