Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anyone like how the actions panel in Flash 2004 is setup? I can figure it out. I am adding the function nextscene() to a button. But unlike Flash MX there isn't the drop downs menus to pick what scene (or in my case nextscene). When I click on the little plus sign > Global Functions > Timeline Controls > and nextscene() only nextscene() apprears in the code box NOT

on(release){
    nextscene()
    }

like it should. I tryed using this code but it stops on the 1st frame of the nextscene.

I thought about using the folowing code:

on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("Pic 13.7",1); //(scene,frameNumber)
    }

but when I do that it doesn't work very well when I change the order I want my scenes.

As you can tell I'm all confused on how to use the actions panel in Flash 2004, I wish that I still had all my drop down menus to help setup my code.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

lmarshall

Member #
    I'm not sure about the drop-down boxes. I try to use expert mode, it helps me learn the syntax and all that good stuff better. Anyways...make sure you that are applying the actions to the button instance. Otherwise, only other thing I can think of is that I 'think' I normally put a ";" after the action.... nextScene();

Member #
    In previous versions of Flash the Actions panel provided two scripting modes: Expert and Normal. Normal scripting mode helped designers and novice ActionScript programmers add interactivity easily to their animations and presentations. By contrast, Expert scripting mode was intended more for advanced programmers who wrote customized and complex scripts.

In Flash MX 2004 the Actions panel no longer features Normal scripting mode. What was called Expert scripting mode is now the default (and only) mode for writing scripts in the Actions panel.

To replace the features provided by Normal scripting mode, Flash MX 2004 now has the Behaviors panel, which lets you easily add common ActionScript functionality, such as frame navigation, loading of external SWFs and JPEGs, controlling stacking order of movie clips, and movie clip dragging functionality. You can also use the Actions panel to modify (or learn from) the code created by the Behaviors panel.

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/...mx2004_06.html

Remove Ads