Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok im making a website for a company and they want a flash and non flash version for there site, only problem is that ive never made a full Flash website so i dont really know a few thigns... one of which is the following: ok the home buttons bg would be like a bright beige colour or something then when u click on Models then the Home button bg turns back to normal and the Models button bg turns to the bright colour.... so the person browsing the website knows what page there on. heres the site on a free host http://willohomes.bravehost.com/

Member #
    Create a movie clip, this will be your button. make two layers inside the clip. On the bottom layer draw a rectangle color it in the bright color. Create another movie clip, draw another rectangle color this the darker color. Place the movie with the dark color into the top layer of the 'button' movie clip, and call it 'cover'. Place this 'button' movie clip onto your main movie where you would like it and call it homeButton or whatever is appropriate. On this button clip place the code
    on(release){
    _root.buttonselected();
    this.cover._visible = false;
    }
    Also add the code that you want to run when the button is pressed.
    Now in your main scene add the code
    function buttonselected(){
    _root.homeButton.cover._visible = true;
    // add the same line of code for each button
    }
    This function will make all your buttons the dark color, and then it exectutes the line in the pressed button to remove the cover, hence making it the light color.

Hope this helps and is not too complicated

Member #
    ok well it seems to work but something seems to be wrong http://willohomes.bravehost.com/ c it like resizes the button note* i dont know if it makes a differece but im using images for the buttons not making them in flash wit rectangles

Member #
    ok nevermind i fixed it just some resizing and positioning did the trick.... than u very much my good man!

Member #
    well i guess i spoke too soon lol

http://willohomes.bravehost.com/ now how do u fix that?

Member #
    It looks like the function buttonselected is not working properly. Check that you have the correct path names to all the buttons.
    the function should be
    funtion buttonselected(){
    _root.homeButton.cover._visible = true;
    _root.modelButton.cover._visible = true;
    _root.houseplansButton.cover._visible = true;
    }

But without being able to see the code I cant say excatly what it is.

Member #
    thanx man ur a real life saver! i do need more help so do u mind if i just ask u next time?

Member #
    ok well i need more help so ill just ask it in here so i dont bother anyone by making a new thread.. ok here it goes.....

www.willohomes.bravehost.com as u can c the site is looking decent so far but i have i think 2 more things i need help with, one im guessing is prety easy and the other im guessing not that easy

1: how do i make Home the selected option when the page loads so the buton has the light bg when u enter the site (default?)

2: what i want is for when the person viewing the site clicks on oh lets say Models or something the previous page they where just on fades out then the Models page loads

i have no clue how to do those things cuz im still a noob at flash so any help would be greatly appreciated

Member #
    1 is easy just go into the home button click on the cover layr and set alpha to 0 in the properties.

2 it depends how you have done it but you will need to use tween use the flash help and it will explain it

Member #
    1: I did that but i think i put it a tad but wrong in words earlier what i was tryign to do.. c www.willohomes.bravehost.com its perfect with the home button selected but c when u click on the other buttons the home button still stays highlighted and i meant that i want HOME to just be that colour when u enter the site for the first time then when u click on Models, Home's bg goes back to dark and Models highlights.. know what i mean?

2: i will try soe stuf cuz i did use motion tween to make it fade in so i suppose it shouldnt be too difficult

Edit i tried to attach the flash file but its too large is ther any other way to put it up? (i tried to zip it)

Remove Ads