Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi,

this time i have a problem with assigning links to text-parts. Currently i use a textbox, and then use a transparent rectangle that i define as a button to make the link. However when i go with the mouse over the text, it (the mouse pointer) "shapeshifts" very quickly from arrow to hand. Very annoying to watch. Is there a way that i can see a hand as mousepointer during the entire time i hover with my mouse over the textbox?
    PS: the entire textbox may be used as a link, not just one word in the textbox.

Member #
    ooo ooo, I think I know this one. Try this. On the first frame of the timeline that your putting your button on, try this actionscript:
    buttonname.useHandCursor = false;

edit: I decided to actually read the post. Nevermind what I said. but after reading am more confused than before. Do you want the arrow to show the entire time, or the hand to show the entire time or what?

Member #
    i get an error with that script.
    but u state false, but if the cursor doesnt move to a hand, the user will never know its a link i think.

How do you guys use text links in Flash?

Member #
    LOL

I would like to see the hand the whole time i hover over the text, with the whole text functioning as 1 big link. How should i proceed?

Member #
    u can see the problem here (not with text, but with a normal button) http://www.kgk-deinze.be

if u move your mouse over any of the three buttons of the text-scroller, you will see it.
    However, when in Flash i press ctrl_enter to preview, it works fine. In the browser, it doesnt...

PS: its the scroller below this one that needs the links on the text.

Member #
    Hi!

Possible solution?? Is your invisible button on a layer above your text? It sounds like the cursor is getting confused between being over text one minute and the button the next?? If it's not try moving the button layer uppermost. If that doesn't work, you could try making the text a movieclip, that way you can control it as a button using actionscript.

Not quite sure about your scroller buttons, could be a similar thing? Or could your ticker be interferring with it? Have you tried checking it without the news ticker running?

Good luck!!

Member #
    about the scroller buttons, i discovered
    1. removing the ticker doesnt solve the prob
    2. if immediatelly after the page loaded you move the mouse over any of the butons (WITHOUT click!!) it works fine. However if u wait a while the problem begins, and it also begins when you click any of the buttons... quite strange if you ask me.
    PS: its a modified version of this one: http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Scrip...9766/index.php

Member #
    i also tried to put the invisible button from the ticker on the uppermost layer but the flickering remains.

Member #
    Hmmm... I'm quite new to Flash and have come a long way in a short time, so I have lots of gaps in my knowledge...but I'll do my best to help coz I know what a pain it can be

Little confused...you said you moved the 'invisible button from the ticker' - the ticker is the text that scrolls across the screen (don't know if it has an invis button?). I meant the invis button over your linking text.

Anyway, I've had another thought... Is there any reason you're using a PVII menu and not a flash one?? Maybe that's causing the conflict?? Something to do with the z-index - that's the invisible layer that things sit on in the browser, for instance, if an input field and a flash element share the same space, the flash object will appear behind the input field by default. If someone more knowledgable is online, maybe they could explain it properly??? You may have to switch to a flash menu?? Try removing your menu and see if that makes a difference when viewing in the browser. You could do a similar menu in flash quite easily, or find something similar in open source??

If that doesn't work then I'm all out of ideas... You could try going back to previous versions to see when the problem started, or as I've suggested above, remove things one at a time to identify the cause...

I hope that helps...

Member #
    i just desabled all layers, but problem remains. :-(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads