Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I know this question has been asked thousands of times before, but does anyone have any links to any complete tutorials on how to make a web site in flash. Not seperate compnents, but a complete web site from scratch.

I have found like, 1 tutorial on this, surely there must be more! Any links are appreciated.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I'd also love to see a tutorial on this, being that I'm making the green club website at my school with only flash.

EmoOnline
    Want cool gradient effects in your posts? Then head over to the Gradient Creator and get your gradient today!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    will,

There are so many different ways to make a flash website, it's impossible to create a tutorial that explains all of them in one, and just explaining one way wouldn't really be enough.

I can tell you this, though.... the most important things to learn are
    1. Ctrl+F8 to create a new Graphic
    2. Buttons, including how to set the "on(release)" event handler.
    3. TextField objects, including the differences between static, dynamic, and input fields, and how to work with each of them.
    4. Using "linkage" to create a referential MovieClip object
    5. MovieClip object functionality, specifically:
      • MovieClip.attachMovie()
      • MovieClip.loadMovie()
      • MovieClip.createEmptyMovieClip()
      • MovieClip.play()
      • MovieClip.stop()

When you are ready to get more advanced, you should research Flash's OO ability and SmartClip aka Component (Object Oriented MovieClip) architecture.

These things will give you a basis

Member #
    If you can dredge up the money I'd suggest finding a book about it. Then you have a quick reference that you can always look back to.

The reason you find little bits and pieces about Flash is because they are what make up a Flash site. Using layers in Flash you can easily break up a site into managable components which can then be displayed when needed. So it usually doesn't end up as one big entity, like an HTML site would, and it's less work in that you don't have to program tables or however else you'd do it.

Oh, I agree completely with what transio said too.

It takes a lot of practice and playing around with before you get a decent complete Flash site. It isn't all straight-forward, but it shouldn't be too confusing.
    Have plenty of fun

Member #
    There's a site called LearnFlash.com that deos a package that show how to make a website in flash from scratch. Not sure how much it costs but the site at the end is well laid out and works well. They also do free tutorials which are sent through email if you register with their site.

I only had one semester of lectures in flash (October - December 2005, 3 hours a week) in college which got me interested and with the help of the LearnFlash tutorials I have produced a flash site and am currently working on my second one while in college.

The tutorials also include very useful tips that you can easily pick up that will make your work with flash so much easier.

Member #
    I would suggest you should not develop full flash site. There are many reasons like it afffects indexing in search engines and it distracts user attention and also abuse designing. You should optimize with flash site that is the best possible solution.

However, to learn flash you can visit these links.
    www.w3schools.com/flash/default.asp
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ial_index.html
    eTechDesigns.net
    AIM : etecdesigns || Yahoo : etecdesigns || MSN : sales@eTechDesigns.net
    Total Quality Web Designs and Web Development

Remove Ads