Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

I was wondering how one might go about creating spinning objects in Flash MX. For example, I have a cube on my header that I want to spin slowly. Also, how could I create it so that my flash animation blends in with the rest of the html site?? Like, I want the cube part to be in flash, while the rest of the header is in HTML. Can I just take the image of the cube, upload it in Flash, and make the Background transparent? Thanks alot for your help, Im a novice when it comes to Flash
    --Kevin
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Personally, if I wanted a spinning cube, I would make it in Swift 3D, a great 3D tool specifically built with Flash in mind. This would simply involve throwing a surface on a cube, then applying the animation. However, if you don't have this, you have a couple options.

The first being using tween in Flash itself. I remeber when I was first learning Flash, I got all excited when I could finally spin a flat plane or so around by shrinking it, then exapanding it. That would be close to the same approach. This option would be tricky if the cube were off center, or the axis of spin is not horizontal or vertical. It could be done, but would take some time getting everything right.

The other in-Flash option would be to learn 3D and code the cube in. This is above me, but if you did happen to learn and catch on to it, many doors would open. I'm sure Flashkit has some tutorials on a 3D. I also however highly recommend www.bit-101.com The guy that does that site is amazing and has a tutorial on intro to 3D. Here is the link:
    http://www.bit-101.com/tutorials/3D-rotation.html
    Also just check his site to see what can be accomplished with Flash. (several of his latest projects are 3D related)

Hope I was of some help.

p.s. If you would like a cube made in Swift, let me know what you want it to look like, colors, spin, etc, and I'll whip one up for you, post it as either a .swf, or .swft

edit: Forgot about your second question. Yes, I believe this can be done. I would think that you would need to use layers, and some CSS stuff. That's personally not my area, someone else will have to help you there.

Member #
    You could make the header into a table and add the flash object in the right cell. That's probably the easiest way.

I know that when you use flash layers, anything you do not color on will be transparent when you export it, so there are probably other ways of doing this too.

Member #
    Minger,
    I used to have Swish but I don't have it anymore. I think I will download it again, and use the key I had before. Umm, if this don't work out, I will get you to try to make me an animation like you were talking about. What it is is that I made it in Photoshop and it [cube] is now in .jpg format with a transparent background. But anyway I will give it a shot and if it doesn't work out for me, I will let you take your shot.
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Remove Ads