Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash MX

Member #
    I need major help with Flash MX! This program is so hard! I can't anything good looking like Mexican Hat can! How do you make it look smooth? Mine always skips around! Help please
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    If you mean animation smoothness, not good-looking smoothness, increase the frame rate.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Whichever is like Mexican Hats... it looks good and it goes together without any skips in it.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    - mexican hat is using swish I believe based on the use of standard swish effects for his intro.
    - be sure to use motion tweening when creating the animations
    - as filburt said higher framerate
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

JR
    Member #
    To create fading text in flash....

1. Add Some Text

2. Right Click on the frame and click motion tween

3. Right click on the frame you want the effect to end (flash is 12 frames per second by default) and press add keyframe

4. Make sure the text is selected and go to properties

5. Click the colour dropdown box and click alpha

6. Set it to 0%

Hope this helps, any probs just reply!
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    To change the frame rate in Flash MX (make it skip less), click on Modify - Document (on the top menu), and change the "Frame Rate" value to 30 fps.

FPS stands for "Frames per Second". The human eye is said to be capable of discerning 15 unique frames per second, so less than that would look skippy to us. Broadcast productions typically use 30 fps to eliminate any skipping. 24 would be good enough, but 30 won't hurt except on a slow computer (the animation will move slower).

That's about it !

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Also, if you're moving stuff around, you might not have learned TWEENING yet.

If you're not tweening, I urge you to read the chapter on that.

Tweening is Flash's way of filling in the frames between "Keyframes" with stepped motion.

Too much to explain, just read up first, then ask more Q's, k?

Member #
    I am still confused... I can make it move across the page, but it still goes fast and it doesn't look good. How do I make it smooth looking?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Did you Tween it?

How many frames are in between the keyframes

Why not add the FLA file to your next post so one of us can take a look at it and see what you're doing?

Member #
    Should I have put the second thing on frame 30 or frame 2? On jravenscroft's post where he said to make the color alpha, I couldn't find that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads