Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi guys,

This is probably very simple but I never got the hang of masking in flash...

What i want to do is a shining effect on a picture, which i already have, but i want to make the line thinner in order to make it look more elegant, and I don't know how to fix it

I've attached the .fla and .swf files, can anyone help me please? :cheeky:

Member #
    Well, to make it thinner, just make the whole gradient symobol thinner. You should be able to use "width" in the properties toolbar, or just click the Modify button and drag it smaller on the stage.

I would also recommend increasing the frame rate. Increasing it will make it a little smoother, and also make the animation a little quicker, which, where I think the line moves a little slow anyways.

Hope that answered your question.

Member #
    When i drag it smaller on the stage you can see lines on the sides from where the rectangle ends, but i'll try again anyway. thanks

Member #
    I would re-do the gradient, personally. Also, if you convert your gradient into a graphic symbol, you can change its alpha value so to add that extra element of elegance.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads