Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey All,
    Im new to Flash. I currently have Studio MX and want to create those really interactive websites you see on the web, can anyone tell me what i need besides just flash. I have a really thick book on flash but on flash but that ive begun reading but i wasnt sure how to create the same type of graphics that i can do in flash... basicly im just extremely confused with all this flash stuff... can someone help me out?

Member #
    You can use Photoshop to make nice images for backgrounds or whatever that you then import into Flash.

Member #
    what about rollover buttons and stuff should i slice them in photoshop or is there a feature in flash where i can do that?

Member #
    I would recommend going through the Flash help files. See if you can find a really basic introduction that starts with basics like: what is a symbol? what is a tween? what are keyframes? After you have the basics, start going through every beginner tutorial you can find on the internet. I always recommend www.flashkit.com for tutorials, forums, and example files.

Member #
    Flash has the ability to make simple graphics. You'd probably want to use those for buttons.

Flash is very versatile and very complex and completely different than other design programs. I think some tutorials like minger suggested would help answer your questions.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    where can i find a good tutorial site? I have the book Macromedia Flash MX 2004 demystified but i dont feel like reading the whole thing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by minger
    I would recommend going through the Flash help files. See if you can find a really basic introduction that starts with basics like: what is a symbol? what is a tween? what are keyframes? After you have the basics, start going through every beginner tutorial you can find on the internet. I always recommend www.flashkit.com for tutorials, forums, and example files.
    I recommend www.flashkit.com/tutorials/

Hundreds of tutorials, everything from motion tweens to complex 3D generation stuff that is even way over my head.

When I have to look somewhere else I check HERE

Remove Ads