Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I am using Photoshop Elements 2 and I forgot the procedure for creating transparent-background images for Flash. I have a circular logo that is white with a black border. However the first time I uploaded to Flash it had a block of white background surrounding the gif. Also, when I trace bitmapped the logo to get rid of the block, it made the logo look incredibly ugly, with traces of outline still on the logo. I tried another method and simply broke apart the logo and manually traced over it with one of the pen tools. Didn't work, because the background still showed. Does anyone know the proper procedure for transparent backgrounds?
    Index Color, Save For Web, but then after that I'm lost. Should I save the logo as a png?

Member #
    another thing to mention

The logo was made by using Photoshop's Shape and Text tools, and I have the original .psd that contains the vector forms of the logo. Instead of simplifying the vectors like I did for the current logo version that I'm having trouble with, should I export the vectors as an image and then load up into Flash, or would it really make a difference?

Member #
    Yes, you need to export the file as a .png. That should solve your problem.

Remove Ads