Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone. I am new to this forum so forgive my if I sound ignorant.

Here are some questions that nobody seems to know how to do.

FLASH
    1) How do you make a BAR preloader in flash?
    2) How do you make transitions between pages?
    3) Is there a way to make a pop-up music player with multiple songs to choose from?
    4) How do you create a transparent flash pop up? (No for ad use, but for effects)
    5) How come whenever I try to put text into flash it blurs itself but other sites are crisp?
    6) How do you make forms in Flash?
    7) Are there any flash plug-ins or programs that will aid in flash development? EX: Swish MAX

GENRAL
    1) What program did this site use to make the blue glow? (http://www.rockrivermusic.com/)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, it is appreciated! :nervous:
    "Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze" ~The Girl Next Door

Member #
    answer to all of questions in one go:

1. Get Swish
    2. Delete Flash
    3. That's it

Member #
    I suggest you buy yourself a book on Flash, your questions are far too general. I've answered some, but I feel you are being unreasonable with your requests.

3) Is there a way to make a pop-up music player with multiple songs to choose from?
    Yes, I suggest you try asking Keith from Asterisk, (he uses something similar on his site)

5) How come whenever I try to put text into flash it blurs itself but other sites are crisp?
    Flash anti-alises everything, that's just what it does; text will always be blurry espcailly at small sizes. Many Flash sites will use bitmap/pixels fonts specificaly mapped to fit into a set grid with the alising intentionally turned off so the edges remain sharp, if you were to do this to a normal font it would look quite bad.

1) What program did this site use to make the blue glow?
    As for the glow I would take a guess at something like After Effects/Live Type, many 3D programs have special particle rendering engines or optional plug-ins that deal with high end special effects...

However, it is actually possible to create something similar just using Photoshop/ImageReady. (see link below)
    http://www.photoshoptechniques.com/main/defaulth.php

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Trico
    I suggest you buy yourself a book on Flash, your questions are far too general. I've answered some, but I feel you are being unreasonable with your requests.
    Do you have any specific books I should buy at Borders or something?

Thanks for the tips too.
    "Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze" ~The Girl Next Door

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix2006
    Hey everyone. I am new to this forum so forgive my if I sound ignorant.

Here are some questions that nobody seems to know how to do.

FLASH
    1) How do you make a BAR preloader in flash?
    2) How do you make transitions between pages?
    4) How do you create a transparent flash pop up? (No for ad use, but for effects)
    6) How do you make forms in Flash?
    7) Are there any flash plug-ins or programs that will aid in flash development? EX: Swish MAX

GENRAL
    1) What program did this site use to make the blue glow? (http://www.rockrivermusic.com/)

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, it is appreciated! :nervous:
    OK, after you've bought Swish and deleted Flash, I want you go to back and re-install Flash and take back Swish for a refund.

As far as a preloading bar, I would suggest searching this forum for a post about it. I remember telling someone how to do it, including code. Secondly, you can search www.flashkit.com for more tutorials on that.

Transistions between pages...well one way would be to make a movie clip of what transition you want. Say you want each "flash link" to fade in from white. Then make all of your stops on your main frame and buttons, and make a big rectangle movieclip that simple fades from white alpha 100 to alpha 0. Be sure to put a stop on the end of it. Then, either have a button action, or a frame action that just says:
    on (press) {
    \\or...
    onClipEvent(enterFrame) {
    _root.transition.gotoandPlay(1);
    }
    and I would think that would work and be somewhat easy.

A pop-up music player is somewhat hard to do. I did mine with something like 3 different seperate movies loading into each other, then a seperate movie for each song. If you are just learning, I would probably hold off on trying this. I have an example somewhere on the web of the one I made if you would like to see and perhaps download and try to figure out though.

Transparent pop-ups, I believe there is a website called kirupa.com or something like that, that shows you how to make borderless frameless everythingless windows with Flash embedded in them. On second though, here is the URL:
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/chromeless.htm

As said earlier, the best way to get crisp text is with pixel fonts. The problem with pixel fonts is that you need a seperate oen for each font size, they are not resizable. If you don't want to mess with pixel fonts (which you should learn anyways) and want a quick fix, select your text and in the properties box, make sure that width, height, x, and y are all whole number (i.e. 45.0, 12.0, not 45.2), many times this will help a little.

Forms in flash are probably a little ahead of you as well. There should be tutorials on www.flashkit.com explaining forms a little better.

A program I like to use with Flash is Swift 3D. It is a 3D program that is specifically designed with Flash developers in mind. It has export options which not only let you export as vector, but also directly into .swf, and .swft (flash importer) extensions. The new version (4 I believe) is really starting to become a great 3D program (mesh editing and stuff like that).

Remove Ads