Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi guys,i just started flash a few weeks ago...actually days,so far i've learned simple animation,create motion tween,etc....since i like playing games i thought it'd be interesting if i create one myself using flash...anyone care to helppleaseeee....i dont know how to put action scripts on it. and by the way, i also know director, so is the actions cripts on director same or different on flash..?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Director and Flash are quite different.. personally I prefer Director.

To answer your question, it would be best to buy/rent a book, or find a tutorial online. there is no way I could answer your question in any amount of depth here.

P.S. Director does not use Actionscript, it uses Lingo.

Member #
    oh okay thanks for the info...

Member #
    Yeah you may find being new to flash that the actionscript required for a decent game is way hard, very confusing but also very rewarding when it works. I agree get a book I got a great one ages ago called "Actionscripting for fun and games"

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The actionscript is not hard. You just need to learn it. The best way to learn a language or a scripting language is to have prior experience with another language.

For you, I'd recommend the book Flash MX Actionscripting Training from the source. It was written by Macromedia, and does a very good job at teaching a variety of interesting game related and other topics. The books tutorials still apply to mx 2004.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Remove Ads