Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Real fast question here. When i puiblish and sort of movment in flash it is really choppy. It skips frames almost it seams. When played in flash itself it runs fine but when the swf is published it runs like crap. I have a 256 mb egeforce if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated =/

Member #
    It could be a couple things. Of course, the first thing you will want to look at is the actual frame rate of the movie. Changing frame rate after you're finished the movie is kinda a bitch though, because it makes everything faster. That's definately something you want determine before you make your movie. I usually set mine to 24, if I need faster, smoother without a lot of care of file size, I might even to go 36.

Next thing you probably wanna look at is what the actual animations are, and how much stuff is on the screen, and how much stuff is moving. If you have a lot of complex symbols moving at the same time, it may slow it down.

Perhaps you can put the file up on a server so we can take a gander?

Member #
    two jpeg files totalling about 100 k and thats it with about 25 frames of animation set at 24 fps ):, could anything else be casuing this?

Remove Ads