Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK so my problem is this. I can't make a simple button symbol linked. I make the button, just a simple rectangle for example, i convert it to a button symbol, i add the
    getURL("www.whereveriwannago.com") to the actions. But when I test it, it tells me that the error is that it needs to be on the "on handler" or something of that nature. What I want is a simple step by step method to making a button link to a site. I use Flash MX 7.2. I tried w3schools tutorial but it gave me nothing but an error. Someone please help.

Member #
    A button isn't anything until you let it know what YOU want it to do. There are several on(buttonEvent) handlers that all have their own special functions. Some examples are on(down); on(release); on(MouseOver); on(MouseOut); on(RollOver); on(RollOut), etc, etc. For a typical button, you can use release. Your button actions will look like:
    on(release) {
    getURL("www.whatever.com")
    }

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey thanks alot man, but i did figure it out today, I thought it might have something to do with that. I should have figured itout before this though, I feel stupid. Well thanks, i'd give you TD if i kne whow.

Remove Ads