Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: flash question

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Are buttons considered a movie clip? I would like to make a group of buttons invisible for a while like a drop menu. They appear when another button is hit. Do I need to make the button set and put them into a movie clip or can i just use action script to hide and show the button group?
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Your best option is to put them into a "smart clip"

You can probably get better info from the actionscript help index or online, but basically, a smart clip is a button inside a movie clip that has a name. The movie clip can then have functions defined in its timeline ( like show() or hide() ) that you can invoke on different events... both from the root timeline, and from the actions of the button.

Here's an example of a smartclip I made:

http://www.transio.com/projects/flash/transio3.swf

Wait until after the stupid horse scene. The smart clip is at the top... it's a sword with buttons on it that appears when you roll over the logo.

Remove Ads