Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there I've just started using Flash and printed out all the online tutiorial as teaching myself (all 300 pages of it )
    Anyhow I've started making some simply banners etc but can for the life of me get them onto dreamweaver.
    I'm doing exactly as says insert > media > flash then opening the banner i've made in flash and saved... however the banner DOESN'T show in dreamweaver just a faded f (flash logo) does.... testing on net it just shows blank page...... what am i doing wrong.

ALSO HOW DO I GET VIDEO TO THE NET
    Sorry bout all questions on first post but i normally find forums helpfull.
    Many thanks
    Ross

Member #
    You should be able to grab the swf file right out the section in Dream Weaver where you browse through files and drop it onto the page then hit f12 and preview it in a browser. If that does not work then there is something wrong with your swf file or maybe even the flash player you have. I would try downloading the newest version of flash player. It should be easy to find at http://www.macromedia.com/ .

Member #
    Thank you so much you don't understand how much thats helped me been bugging me for few days i hadn't converted to swf file... may seem obvious to you but when starting out and not having lessions not too obvious. and it seemed to miss that bit out on tutiorial.
    That too has almost mastered my video problem however when i save swf file in my docs it doesn't let me load up as name has spaces or un usable characters... this is not me i've saved in lower case just the whole address has things like ...///mydocuments/myvideo (I can i change this)

Remove Ads