Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am very interesting in flash, but very new. I am wanted to make a flash layout for my web site, but I do not know how. Are they any good sites that can help me with the basics of flash and/or creating a layout in flash? Thanks for your help.

Member #
    The key ideas to learn are loadMovie(), loadMovieNum() and unloadMovie(). Read through the reference files about those commands, and I'm sure there is some good stuff in the Help files.

The idea is this: You create the "outside" of the website. By outside I mean, you have a flash movie that includes the background, the header, and the navigation stuff. Then, each seperate "page" is it's own flash movie. Then through the use of the above commands, you load each "page" into the desired spot in the main movie.

Member #
    The creative process for creating a layout for Flash is the same as for creating any other layout. Obviously the parameters are different, but the process is the same. Take images, color blocks, navigation, think about content lenght and texts, and put them all together in an interesting manner.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    I got a book on this, i got it from amazon. It basically shows you how to create a simplistic site. Its not going to win any awards but it shows you how to create a functioning site, how to go about building it and explains different parts of the building process.

While it may be a bit simplistic it has helped me no end when going about messing around with flash. It was pretty cheap, when i get home i will give you the name of it if you are interested.

Remove Ads