Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Before I go back to work on this layout and show it to my project contact, I was wondering if I am on the right track for designing a Flash layout. I spent the weekend doing research on various Flash sites and tried to look for design differences that seperated an HTML homepage from a Flash homepage. This layout is not finished, but the idea is that when a visitor clicks on the links under "Navigation", the photograph will slowly fade into another one and another sub-menu will appear on the photo screen. Also, I designed the Announcements window as a dynamic text box that communicates with a regular .txt file. So the actionscript portion of the page is not a problem..just the design.

I should make the announcements window wider, but what do you think about the Navigation box? Do those links need more vertical spacing between them? Also, I'm trying to figure out where I will put information such as the Copyright info, my own logo (ya know, for design credits ) Is there anything else that's missing from this design? There is no way that I can create a horizontal menu, because there are alot of links.

Would really appreciate your opinions. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Another question.. what's the best method to transfer images from Photoshop or Imageready to Flash? Should I save all images as .bmps or .gifs?

Member #
    I seriously don't mean to be negative... but does a church need a flash site? How many of its visitors use flash or like flash sites? At my local church 80% are 50+, so chances are that many of those won't have broadband... this means bandwidth might be a factor. Of course i haven't been to church for several years so things might have changed

now on the plus side...

I think it looks alright and you have a sound idea. The only thing you need to be wary of is the text size.. i have 20 20 vision and i am finding it a little small. Perhaps you could address this.

You footer could easily go below the flash in html.

As for exporting images... goto file>export and you will get an optimising window.

JPEG's are best for images, Gif's are better for blocks of colours... when i import images to flash i use JPEG's as their file size is much smaller than bitmaps.

Member #
    My first impression: there is a lot of information contained in a very small amount of space, it is crowded, some of it goes outside the layout and, it is surrounded by 100 pixels of WHITE SPACE... why?

Expand the layout to include this space and it will resolve several of the issues you are facing.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads