Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is a flash question or an html question, but i will start here. I really hope someone can help me, though! I am working on a website where the header is flash and the rest of the page is in html. The links to other pages on the site are inside of the flash movie and they work fine, except that everytime you click on a link and go to another page, the movie reloads so there is a white space there for a second that my professor doesn't like (but also doesn't know how to fix). Does anyone know how to keep this from happening without using frames?
    Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, here is the site if you want to see it:
    My Best Friend

Member #
    Thats the problem with flash, if this was a pure flash site you wouldn't encounter this, because your links take you to separate html pages the browser has to reload each page. This means that it has to call the flash file from its cache. For me it only flickers though and is bearly noticeable.

I think you will find its more hassle than its worth trying to stop that from happening. Probably your best choice would be to create a frameset, put the flash header in a top frame and the content in the bottom frame. Then you would hide the frame bar. The advantage with this is that you only have to load the flash frame once.

Member #
    Yes, as far as I know, that's the only way to eliminate that. Basically, when you click a link, it does to a new page, and therefore loads the movie again.

But, anytime I need to do it, I also throw it in some frames.

Member #
    Thank you for your help and responses. I am a senior in college and was hoping to use this as a portfolio piece. I have heard (many times) that frames are becoming obselete and are considered "old" form to use them now. Is this true/do you think it will count against me if i use them?

Remove Ads