Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Books on Flash

Member #
    Okay i know basic Flash and can do a few little things with it but i want a book that will teach me how to make entire websites from Flash i have a few that teah me about what Flash MX can do but not how this can be used in actually designing websites. Any recomendations are appreciated thanks.

JR
    Member #
    try the flash mx bible, or the flash mx actionscript bible, although i have not read them they seem good. I think flash mx magic is good too

welcome to the board by the way
    JR

Member #
    Thanks its a great place, im really trying to take my basic skills and take them to a higher level and reading through this forum and getting replies is helping alot. The place seems very friendly which is always a good thing.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I found the most useful way to learn flash was to read through the manual and play with the software, learning each feature in it.

As for how to integrate it with a website, that sounds more like an inspiration issue. The best way to get inspired is to find other flash sites you like. Then, once they've inspired you, try to mimic them, using the techniques they're using to make something of your own. Eventually, you'll think of things that no one else is doing, and you can become someone else's inspiration!

By the way, there's no such thing as complicated flash animation. Flash is very simple, limited to shape tweening (including color or gradient tweening), motion tweening (including effect tweening), and frame animation (including mpeg animation). Anything you see that is really complex is just a good or creative use of many simple animations in combination. If you break them down to what they really are, they can be duplicated pretty easily.

JR
    Member #
    i have never read a book to learn anything except from php and mysql, i self taught myself HTML, CSS, flash, PS, PSP and to some extent javascript

Eventhough i bought a book on PHP i am still struggling

anyway my point is if you play around with flash you are bound to get somewhere because it is one of them type of progs, so i agree with transio
    JR

Member #
    Teach yourself first iss the best way to learn. Books only for you to improve your standard when you've already had the basic.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    my grandmother gave me the Flash MX bible for christmas, i'de say it's pretty good. I also stole a book call "flash mx magic" from school, and it's pretty good as well :-D .

But yeah, flash mx bible is great, they teach you everything you need to know from integrating data from cold fusion into a flash movie, to a guide around the flash mx interface .

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Books are not the best way to go to learn something that's used online. Why do I say that, you ask? Because the book information is rarely updated, and when it is, you have to pay for a new book.

What would be the substitute? Online tutorials. The best ones come from Flashkit. You can learn how to do just about anything imaginable from that site (never mind getting some way cool sound loops and bytes.)

As far as integrating your stuff into a website, transio's right. It's all pretty much artistic creation and interpretation.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads