Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    For some reason, my text does not have clarity in flash.... what could cause the problem? Is it the fact that I am not using 'web safe' fonts? Or could it just be the settings on my computer/monitor/video card? When I view it in Flash, it is fine. It is only when I move it into my html editor that I see the problem.

Thanks.

Member #
    There are a few things you can do. Firstly, make sure your text boxes are positioned on whole numbers (i.e. if the position is X: 23.4, Y: 56.1; make it 23, 56). Also, if you are using an earlier version of Flash (8 and lower), you can use what's called pixel fonts. Basically, pixel fonts are fonts which are basically small crisp pictures of letters. They are not scalable (only only one size font per download), but they are very crisp.

In Flash 8, each text field has many different options of Aliasing. If you are using the newest Flash, check the properties box for this. Play around with those to get a good looking one.

I'm using 8, and maybe it's just this version, but I find that dynamically loaded text looks much clearer than regular typed text. If all else fails, try doing that and see what happens, but know that traditionally in the past, people used pixel fonts prior to Flash 8.

oh, and also make sure that the movie size in your html file is the same size as the movie itself (I'm sure it is, but just to make sure).

Hope that helps a little,

Member #
    Minger - thanks for the help. I am still using Flash 5.

How do you use pixel fonts?

Member #
    Basically, you just download the font and use it like you would any other font (i.e. putting the file into the correct Windows font folder).

The only other steps are to ensure the text box is placed at even numbers like I mentioned about, and that the font size is in multiples of 8 (8, 16, 24, etc)

Member #
    I will try it out - thanks!

Remove Ads