Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I am working on my first site but am in a dilemma over my flash intro. I built my site with Frontpage 2003 and all seems to be working well. I embedded the flash intro--an 800x600 splash--in the FP index page. At first, I positioned it top and left, which seemed fine to me as it filled the screen nicely. I checked on another computer from work and it still looked okay. However a couple of friends said it only took up 75% or less of their screens (and these were similar to mine) and looked "too scrunched up" to the top/left. I tried a couple of things...tried making the movie larger, but even that didn't fill their screens and started to distort. So I put it back to 800x600.

Next I tried moving it around...further to the right. Since there were now gaps all around, I put a similar colored background behind it on the page. By the time I moved it far enough to the right that it appeared more evenly centered to those viewing, it was skewed way to the right for me and I had to scroll to get it in viewing range.

My question is, what do most of you do when embedding your flash? Do you simply use a default setting and let it be or is there something else you can suggest I do?
    Many thanks for your help!

Member #
    It probably doesn't fill up there whole screen because they have a larger resolution than 800x600

I have put a few splash pages on sites, I prefer it to be small so people don't have to wait for it to load. I then center it on the page.

Remove Ads