Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Flash Upgrade?

Member #
    Its time for me update my Flash.... but I would like to start using my other computer rather than the one I currently have Flash on. Does anyone know if I could buy the upgrade and then push my current version (5) onto my new computer, and then upgrade it? Also, does it matter if it is not registered?

Thanks.

Member #
    It depends. Based on what you described above, no.
    However, if your two computers are being used as your work computer/home computer and a laptop then you can use one program on both computers. You just can't use them at the same time (obviously), but it is more to prevent having it on your friends computer, a co-woker's computer, etc.
    Also, you can have a license to purchase an upgrade, but an upgrade is per license. I am in the Seattle area and I have a few friends that work for Adobe and they have explained this to me........but they do a much better job at it.
    Basically, from what you described, you are trying to get the upgrade for both computers.......so no.
    If one is a laptop, then yes you can do it. Best bet, call Adobe. I don't want you going to jail on my advice.
    Lastly, you NEVER have to register any product. Activate or Validate, yes......but registering is always optional.
    GMan

Member #
    I understand where you are coming from. I am not trying to run the program on 2 computers though - I am really trying to get away from using my old 98 OS and use my XP for everything (the only reason I still use the 98 is because of the Macromedia programs I have on it.) Unfortunately, I use 2 desktop PCs, so the laptop option is out of the picture.

I guess if I have to invest in the full version then I have no other choice.

Thanks for your help!

Member #
    You can still get an upgrade version, you just have to move the full version over to the one you want to use for the upgrade.
    GMan

Member #
    Cool. I will look into buying the upgrade instead of the full version - it will definitely not hurt the pocket as much as the full version would!

Thanks again.

Remove Ads