Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: gif's in flash

Member #
    Hi, im needed to make some animated gifs using real images of ppl and simply change to other images. I currently use flash to make this type of gif but sometimes the real images (in this case greyscale) come out grainy, is there a way to stop this?.

ps i make/edit the images using photoshop 1st and save them as jpgs before importing them to flash...

thanks

Member #
    Why make animated gifs? Make swfs, use jpegs. Gifs are bad for photorealism.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    meh, long story but needless to say i need to use gifs, plus ppl will need flash to play it, of course everyone should really have flash but..... well lets just say if you knew the guy im working for you would understand :ermm:

Member #
    You've been given the flash vs. animated gif lecture, so I will skip that and throw out some ideas and hope something works.

You may want to use Illustrator to create a vector graphic and that will eliminate the pixelation (grainy look).

You can also import to a higher resolution than what you are currently doing when you import to .jpeg from Photoshop.

Look at how you are animating the gif. If you are using a box product like Gif Animator, maybe the online tutorial, forum or tech support can help (should be able to do that with any of the programs).

Sorry, that is all I got. Been a while since I did an animated gif.
    Good luck.......
    GMan

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalwombat
    meh, long story but needless to say i need to use gifs, plus ppl will need flash to play it, of course everyone should really have flash but..... well lets just say if you knew the guy im working for you would understand :ermm:
    My opinion on this matter: if your client has a range of technology, the up-to-date people will have Flash Player 7 or 8, and possibly FF, and the non-up-to-date people will be running Flash Player 4 on IE (it's pre-installed as of version 4 or 5). So long as you save for Flash 4, you should be golden.

Your other option is to create an animated gif of questionable quality and have that display if Flash is not installed, that way at least the people who are up-to-date are seeing better images.

Another thing, and I don't know too much about this feature other than it exists: In Flash 8 (not sure about earlier versions) you can export a movie as a series of jpegs. The allows you to put them back together elsewhere using an html-based slideshow.

But the bottom line is you know your clients' needs much better than I do.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Remove Ads