Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

can someone please help me get rid of the border around a flash animation?

What I mean is that when the page first loads, there is a flash animation, but that's all it is supposed to be, with no links or other extra features. Except that if you move the mouse over it, it shows the border around the flash movie, and the mouse cursor turns into a hand, fooling the visitors into believing that it's a link. As soon as you click on it, nothing happens, and the border and hand cursor don't appear anymore.

What do I need to change to make it so that from the beginning no border shows nor the cursor turns into a hand?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

elise

Member #
    Is there any way you can post a .fla or at least a link to the file?

Member #
    Hi Minger,

here's the .fla file, very simple I guess.

I don't have a live link to the website, sorry.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
    elise

Member #
    I downloaded your .fla and I'm sorry but I still don't get what you are talking about. I played the clip and the cursor doesn't change into a hand nor does a border appear...

Is it supposed to? Could you please tell us how and where you are testing it to get these results? The problem might in in how you placed it on the actual page. Please give a little more info if possible.

Member #
    Thank you again for trying

I've attached the page where the clip is inserted. As you will see, as soon as you place your mouse over the clip it turns into the hand cursor.

I even tried to make the mouse disappear on the movie, but it only happens after you click on the movie first.

I've also attached the .swf file.

Thanks,
    elise

Member #
    I do not see a problem with it. Hereís what I did:

Your .swf and .fla file were different (the .swf you posted had the mouse hidden). So, I took the .fla file, and published it without changing it one bit. I then went into the HTML of the file you posted and changed the path of the flash movie from Ö/../whatever/whatever to just movie.swf (because all the files were just on my desktop).

I opened it up, and bam, no hand, no border. Iím not sure what youíre doing, but everything works perfectly on my end here.

Member #
    Thanks for your response.

Maybe I am the only one that gets this, maybe it's my browser settings?

Attached is a print screen of what I am trying to describe. You can't see the mouse because the print screen doesn't catch it.

Thanks again,
    elise
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    "Latest Microsoft security update is causing flash, active x and java components in web pages viewed in Internet Explorer to show a frame border with a message saying "click here to activate and use this control". This has feature suprised many internet users and web developers. The objective of this security feature is to prevent any active web component from compromising user security."

Member #
    ahhhh, thats right. I've noticed that using other machines besides my own. I use firefox and it does not have that "feature."

Looks like your problem is using IE. haha

Remove Ads