Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hey, does anybody know how to make fluid movements in flash, similar to the ones featured on the "intro" bit of www.designerscott.com ? thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Those are shape and motion tweens. Look through the Flash docs for tweening.

Member #
    I'd suggest going to the help section and going through the follow-along tutorials they have that come with the Flash software. It'll be self explanatory then.

Member #
    I think you should first of all consider using 24 fps in flash for web.
    This might help you get a more fluid movement.
    A real Genius is someone who knows how much he realy dosn't know... Love and Happiness to you all.

Member #
    right, another designerscott related question! does anybody know how to make a menu bar like the one at the bottom?
    not the images obviously, just the effect of it enlarging and the other icons moving aside.
    thanks a lot
    Solidgold

Member #
    i've sussed this now, the link to the tut is http://jrgraphix.net/research/flash-dock-mx-2004.php

if anybodies interested?

Member #
    Aside from upping the framerate to 24fps. It appears to be that most of those animations aren't shape tweens, they are masked motion tweens (at least that's how I'd do it).

Take the which "reveals" itself for example. You simply draw your D, put a layer over top of it, and have it mask the D. Then put a motion tween on it, which covers up the D. You will easily get that same effect.

As for the beginning, at the top, where it looks like the line goes to the right and turns into the logo. Use the same technique and draw then entire logo. Then put a layer over it and mask the logo. Have a rectangle and tween it to the right. Then, as you approach the logo and start to reveal the logo, shrink the rectangle to give the effect that it's changing into the logo.

I myself have never really been a big fan of shape tweens due to the fact that they are hard to control (even with hints) as well as the fact that I have to use broken up shapes, and cannot use symbols or anything like that. Seems to me that they would increase file size a little too much.

Anyways, check out the tutorials to further grasp tweens and solidgold's link looks like the exact same thing, with an easy to modify code.

Member #
    ok ta 'minger,'
    although that part of the thread was solved a long time ago,
    thanks a lot though
    Solidgold

Member #
    whoops, haha...I do that too often. I need to find a way to make like posts older than a month greyed out or something.

Remove Ads