Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    to access a website that has 20 or more links? I've already created a pull-down menu for a client, so now I want to try something different and unique.

So far the one I've come up with is a pie chart-like interface, where each slice represents a button for a main link. (such as CLOTHING DEPARTMENT)
    When you click the CLOTHING DEPARTMENT "slice", it expands outward and at the very edge of the expanded slice, notches or tabs fade in, and on each tab it says: MENS, WOMEN, CHILDREN, ACCESSORIES.

Can anyone recommend sites that have experimental Flash interfaces for further study? Thanks!

Member #
    Pie menus are well know in interaction design circles. I find one of the better examples is in the Artrage application, it is one of the only professional looking executions of the pie menu I've seen.

FYI, the pie layout is notable for reducing user error in nagivation.

There are only a couple of interesting Flash sites with interesting examples from an interaction design standpoint. Meaning you can see some clear application of known principles or concern for user objectives.

Flazoom is a Flash usability site. Hellocode is a gallery of actual examples.

Remove Ads