Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash Banner

Member #
    What do you all think about this??

http://barcelona.iwebland.com/Banner.htm

Too Fast?

Too Much?

Too Big?? WHAT??!!

As always a BIG thanks!

Member #
    Almost forgot.... Sorry about the Pop-Up!

Member #
    Too big = Yes

it's 800 pixels wide, 800x600 users will have to scroll (they only have about 780 pixels of page space when their browser is maximized)

It's tales a little while for the text to show up, and the movie repeats. You have some info there, consider after all the animation is over, leaving that text there, so ppl dont have to wait for the animation to loop around again to see it.

Good start though, I like your color scheme

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    It's nice, but Huge!!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    That took me 2 Days to make!

I guess that is why I am in the food business and not in the design business

Member #
    I'm not ripping it apart, with a few changes, it will be really nice!! :ichatcool:

JR
    Member #
    yes i agree - too wide

but nice
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I don't really like it at all. Don't get me wrong, I understand that you're learning flash, but the yellow bands moving back and forth are so transparent that they appear to be monitor distortions, and the text tweens are not subtle at all... which just compounds the fact that I don't like text tweens at all.

My suggestion is to keep your banner text static and have a simple SUBTLE background transition if anything. Personally, I don't see a problem with a completely static banner for a restaurant.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Allow me to explain the thought process behind my above statement...

Flash is the kind of technology that a lot of people believe will augment their site because it's so widely popular. However, not having any dynamic graphical elements in their concept that REQUIRE flash, many people try to force a design using flash.

The easy thing is to pop up some text like "tappas... beer... food.... we deliver...". These messages are meaningless, because the person who found your site qualified your products and services in the search engine that delivered them to you.

Rather than make blatantly forced animations and try to fit them into a perfectly good static design, I would prefer to can flash where not absolutely necessary. I only junks up sites that don't need it.

If you're set on using Flash, I suggest, before you produce anything with it, that you sit down and really conceive as to what would be your biggest requirement in a TV commercial. What would you show? Moving lines and words? No way. Think of flash as a mini TV commercial for the web and produce it like you would your ad. Then you'll come out with something spectacular.

Hope this helps you and doesn't discourage you at all. I have a great amount of respect for you and your work, because you've shown terrific motivation in learning the technologies necessary to implement your marketing strategy, and have executed it yourself. You have a big thumbs up in my book

Member #
    It loaded very slow here! he he of course, those computer in my school's library are slowest computer i ever seen. im waiting for it to be loaded.
    Its size seems to be too large, i think!
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads