Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Anyone know where I can get a Flash based horizontal text scroller? I'd like it to read a text file(s) on the server. That way my computer illiterate client can login to the server and save a new text file over the old to update thier scrollers message. This would be used for showing upcoming events.

Member #
    appologies if this is wrong, which it most likely is, but i seem to recall reading somewhere about this (possibly net mag) and what i read what that you can use an external xml file.
    i know this is vague and not all that helpful,
    Solidgold

Member #
    Just look for a tutorial on a dynamicly loaded text box. They are quite frequent, and I believe there are quite a few different ways of doing it.

After you get the text loaded, just throw it inside another movie clip and scroll it.

Member #
    Yeah I've done it that way with both .txt files and I've used xml. What I'm looking for is something with some canned effects. Like the type flies in and assembles itself, or it fades in nicely. You know something with some "WOW" factor. ~Steve

Remove Ads