Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: flash game

Member #
    hey,
    ive just finished my own version of tetris (im probably not allowed to say that!) and cant quite get the layout right, i'd appreciate some advice on what i could do to improve it,
    thanks a lot
    solidgold

Member #
    oops! sorry, forgot the link

Member #
    I think the speed difference is too great between levels 6 and 7....haha.

Perhaps a "settable" level.

Lastly, maybe its just me, but you might want to check to make sure the rotation way is the same as the real game. For some reason I was thinking that 1 or 2 pieces rotated opposite from what I'm used to.

Other than that, the game works GREAT!!

As far as layout, I always like when the sidebar changes with the levels. Perhaps you could add a personal high score or something like that?

Member #
    ok, thanks a lot for the advice, i've only just started making this game really and not got round to making any changes yet, im thinking of making a big splash screen for it that has the high scores from everybody else maybe?

Member #
    Its cool, like a web2.0 tetris lol. I used to make games I can dig out some of my old code to find an online highscore table if you like?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Cool!!! I love Tetris

There are a few things I think I would change. The colors of the blocks seem too bright and they also seem kind of like those "default colors" - ya know what I mean? Especially the magenta. I think I would mess around with the colors a little.

Also, I think the dotted line is too dark as black. I think it would look better either as some shade of grey, OR have the dotted line on, say, the blue block, be a little darker of a blue, and on the green block be a little darker of a green, etc.

Also, I like it on Tetris games where they have cool backgrounds behind the pieces. You can even fade it if it looks too distracting. But like, cool photographs I think would look really neat. Like photographs of space maybe, of the sky, and stuff like that.

Oh ya know what would also be cool? Is if you made the colors of the tetris blocks fit in with the theme of the picture in the background. Say you change the picture on every level. And say that for level 1 you have a black sky with stars. Then your tetris block colors could be light grey, blue, purple, etc. And then if you have a background of like, a forest, then your block colors could be green, brown, blue, pink, etc.

Oh also, the name of the game isn't always visible. I think it should probably be in the sidebar above all the stats or something.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    woot i scored 15000!

Member #
    A "Next Piece" panel would be nice.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Remove Ads