Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi,

I've created a gallery for a client that loads external images into a thumbnail slot and into a full size slot that can be seen by clicking the thumbnail. I have used external images so that the client can update the images easily.

ceramic artware gallery

This gallery works fine in firefox and seemed to be working in IE while the site was on my local drive. Now its on the web I get this strange error when it loads in IE, most but not all of the thumbnails have not been scaled and so all overlap each other. If you press refresh then it all corrects itself.

Im using flash 8 with actionscript 2. The pictures are loaded into the file using the loader component.

Can anyone help me with this or suggest a different way I can use external images?

Thanks

Member #
    it doesn't seem to have any problems when I tried to view it except for the overlapping part so I have to refresh my browser just like what you said.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    cracked it,

it seemed to be something to do with trying to load all the images at once. I built a preloader for each image earlier in the timeline using loadclip and it all seems to work now.

Remove Ads