Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Does anybody here use SWFObject to embed Flash on their websites? If so, has anybody installed the latest version of Flash Player, and tried viewing a site that uses SWFObject? I just did, and all of a sudden, all of my websites no longer work. Can anybody possibly give me some suggestions?

Member #
    I found this forum from a Google alert I have on swfobject. Sorry if I may have missed previous relevant discussions.

I am using swfobject and have not experienced any problems.

Oh, the only place I am unable to display any flash is in Safari for Windows, but it's not even through swfobject, just the regular Satay method. I have just noticed it today and haven't had time to investigate why.

Is the last flash version 9 ? I think this is what I have.

What version of swfobject are you using? Mine is SWFObject v1.5, downloaded in May 2007.

And what browser are you using?

Could you give an example of a web page where you have problems with it?

I am thinking - the swfobject parameters include one about the flash version. I don't set that to higher than 7, but I've seen example with version 8.

Is the flash movie you have encoded specifically for version 9 already? If so not sure the script works with that.

Member #
    Sorry, I just checked again Safari and it's working and playing all flash, so I must have had other problems earlier in Safari.
    The rest of my above post remains though.

Member #
    http://myacetemplates.net - It is by far the most prominent solution.

Well, I am embedding flash on my website and it is working properly. I suggest that you click on my site because there are sample templates and a fre tutorial which may help you troubleshoot your website. http://myacetemplates.net

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bussiness_broke
    Well, I am embedding flash on my website and it is working properly. I suggest that you click on my site because there are sample templates and a fre tutorial which may help you troubleshoot your website. http://myacetemplates.net
    Takes me to template monster. Are you sure this isn't a SPAM post?

Member #
    Indeed it most certainly appears to have been a spam post.

Ferro, I'm terribly sorry but I acccidentally applied the thumbs down to your post instead of the one above. I find that I am unable to reverse this process. :ermm:

Remove Ads