Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I have what would appear to be a very strange question, but I do have a practical (IMHO) application for it, so this is why I'm asking:

I know JavaScript has the option with image to "postload" (I know people call it preloading but it happens after the page is loaded, so I consider that a postload) images into a browser cache so the user doesn't have to download them when an event handler is triggered. I'm wondering if there's an equivalent to this for Flash. I had thought about loading the flash in a DIV outside of the page boundaries and have a JavaScript fill in the inner contents (i.e. the Flash movie) after the page is loaded, but it seems to me there would be an easier way.

Thanks all!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    All you have to do is display the images during a loading message. To load the images, simply display them on the screen one at a time. To avoid them actually being seen, make them small enough to fit behind the loading message or put a masking layer on top of them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, but will that work for the entire movies? Like can I load movie 2 while movie 1 is playing?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    i havn't used flash in a while, but im pretty sure theres a paramater that makes the movie stop playing as soon as it loads. Just make it small, cover it, and have movie 1 and 2 load at the same time. Put the start movie 2 command at the end of movie 1 and... waitaminute, is that shyte even possible? Someone give me a hand here.
    If there is no god, then who pops up the next Kleenex?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    You can load a new movie within it with the loadClip() function. I admit my actionscripting has really slacked since I haven't used it in over a year, but loadClip() shoudl do it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    'Sall good. I figured out a way around it that works really well for what I intended to use it for. Thanks anyway!

Remove Ads