Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Not sure what happened...

…but something’s gotten screwed up really bad w/ both my import AND export settings in Flash (running Flash MX Pro 2004). I was in the process of importing a .MOV movie (created in Sony Vegas Movie Studio (v8.0), to be exported as a .SWF (out of Flash…to be published to the web, in order to be displayed on our band's MySpace site).

I know my .MOV export out of Sony Vegas is OK, 'cause I can preview it in QuickTime; & it plays & looks great. But when I import it into Flash, I know something is wrong right away, 'cause the display window reads: "current selection cannot have actions applied to it". And when I hit the Play button...all that can be seen is a solid white screen...there's no content, no transitions...no nothing. If I go ahead & export as a .swf, all that get’s exported is a white screen…no movie.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

mark4man

BTW - The movie I'm working w/ is a dynamic photo montage, where I placed photographs of the band side by side by side; & then added transitions between the still images. The only reason I went back to redo the montage because it was too large in file size; which prohibits the loading of tables on our MySpace page, until the movie fully streams. I was looking for a way to decrease the file size coming out of Vegas; & then this happened. But...like I said...the .MOV out of Vegas plays & looks just fine.

Thanks,

MF

Remove Ads