Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok so i do the "site maintanence" for the company where i work at. We produce commercials in South America. Whenever we finish a new one, it's up to me to upload a video to the site.

Normally I would :

1.) Convert the video from it's original format (.mov,.avi, etc.) to FLV

2.) Import it into Flash CS5 and put our custom player skin on it.

3.) Hit Ctrl+Enter to test it and export the .swf version of it.

4.) Upload both the .flv and .swf to the website

5.) ???

6.) Profit!

However, with this particular video all the player does on the website is show the player skin and the title of the video but it never loads. It just hangs there as it was loading but the progress bar never moves. I've tried checking the site on other computers to see if maybe there's a prob with my flash player but it shows up like that on the other machines as well.

here's a link to the page the video is on ---Origami Films--- Under the banner there should be a green link that says "Ver Video" click that and the video pops up in a smaller window.

Anyone know what can be causing that? Maybe there's an option somewhere i put wrong or the video is corrupt?

Another thing is once i get the .swf, i can double click it and it runs just fine.

Member #
    What about your RunActiveScript.js file that dreamweaver dispatches in the same directory as your HTML File? Did you upload that to the server as well?

Member #
    here's the thing, i didn't write the wbsite. I just maintain it by adding new posts, uploading vids, etc. All the other vids for the other commercials work fine, it's just that one that is having an issue

Remove Ads