Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all!
    First of all. I'm new to webdesign and my knowledge is limited. I have been working with dreaweaver and flash catalyst and that's just about it.

My problem: I have designed a website in photoshop and Illustrator and in Flash Catalyst I made the whole site "operational" and I exported it to a swf-file. But when I go to dreamweaver and import the swf-file to a html.document and upload it to my server and try to view it in my browser the only thing I can see is the <body> of the html file. I can't view the flash what so ever. Any suggestion what I should do?

Member #
    is the problem in all browsers or only FireFox? if only FireFox then there is an additional "code" you have to add to retrieve the flash, a very simple one.

Hope that helped you!

Member #
    I gave up on Dreamweaver and started making my own HTML templates and just doing lots of copying and pasting for various types of websites. Here is a typical swf file snippet:

<object data="tutorial.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="250">
    <param name="MOVIE" value="tutorial.swf">
    </object>

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by maxnorin View Post
    Hi all!
    First of all. I'm new to webdesign and my knowledge is limited. I have been working with dreaweaver and flash catalyst and that's just about it.

My problem: I have designed a website in photoshop and Illustrator and in Flash Catalyst I made the whole site "operational" and I exported it to a swf-file. But when I go to dreamweaver and import the swf-file to a html.document and upload it to my server and try to view it in my browser the only thing I can see is the <body> of the html file. I can't view the flash what so ever. Any suggestion what I should do?

I to have the same problem but my flash works on all the browsers except firefox.....you should try to browse it on any other browser

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Designer77 View Post
    I gave up on Dreamweaver and started making my own HTML templates and just doing lots of copying and pasting for various types of websites. Here is a typical swf file snippet:

<object data="tutorial.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="250">
    <param name="MOVIE" value="tutorial.swf">
    </object>
    try the below code, shall make it work on all browsers:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="FileName.swf" width="123px" height="123px">
    <param name="movie" value="FileName.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="true" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name=wmode value=transparent />
    </object>

Remove Ads