Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everybody!

First of all, many thanks for the other times you have helped me.

Would anybody be able to give a hand with this? I am creating a website in flash. I´ve a menu with "about us", "downloads", "photos", "facebook" and "contact". The think is that I want a song to play all over the flash movie, without mattering where the website user is. Can I do that somehow? I would like to have all the above mentioned pages in the same movie.

Please let me know if I am not explaining myself properly.

Regards and many thanks,

Iván

Member #
    you have to add the sound on the first frame in teh movie after it loads, other easier option would be calling the audio from the HTML body on load.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I would not call it from the HTML if you are building an entire flash based site.

It's been a while since I did anything in flash, but... http://www.uensd.org/webacademy/pdf/sound.pdf

And this taken from: http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27686

1. Easier but less control : Make a movieClip and drop the soundfile in the first frame of the movieClip (or use the properties panel for the first frame). Add a stop action (stop() to the first frame. Then make a keyframe (in the second frame). Add a stopAllSounds (stopAllSounds() action to this second frame. After that add a stop action to the second frame. So now you have one frame with a sound file playing and a second frame with a stopAllSounds action (which of course stops the sound from playing... but also stops all other playing sounds). Now drag and drop the movieClip onto the main Scene. Name the movieClip something (like "music" or something). You do this using the properties panel. The sound should start playing as soon as the movie hits the frame in which you put the movieClip (judging by what you said, this should be frame 1).
    You can stop the music by just making a button (outside of the movieClip) and adding the following code to it :

on (release){

_root.name_of_Movie_Clip.gotoAndPlay(2);

}
    To play the music again you can duplicate the button and change the code to read:

on (release){

_root.name_of_Movie_Clip.gotoAndPlay(1);

}
    Well there's the easy way. Now you cant control volume, or panning or pausing etc. The "harder" method lets you do this. Please reply if you need volume and stuff too.. Cause I dont wanna explain the whole thing here if not needed.

Hope I helped.

Remove Ads