Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi everybody,

As always, first of all thanks a lot for the other times you have helped me.

I am building a site for my band:

Documento sin título

The thing is that I have built the initial animation on my 22 inches monitor, set up with a huge resolution. Now when I try it on a smaller monitor the site looks huge and the user has to scroll up and down to see it.

My question are, for which resolution should I rebuild the site? Is there a way of addapting the animation at the beggining of the site to every screen resolution (autofit)?

Many, many, many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Iván

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i'm using an asus netbook and either you fixed it or you're exp this with mobiles like iphone and droid. you can use php to detect the user agent and give a ver for a list of user agents or use javascript to read the screen size and call it that way.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    yeah on my laptop, 1280*800, it looks fine to me too

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanmax View Post
    Hi everybody,

As always, first of all thanks a lot for the other times you have helped me.

I am building a site for my band:

Documento sin título

The thing is that I have built the initial animation on my 22 inches monitor, set up with a huge resolution. Now when I try it on a smaller monitor the site looks huge and the user has to scroll up and down to see it.

My question are, for which resolution should I rebuild the site? Is there a way of addapting the animation at the beggining of the site to every screen resolution (autofit)?

Many, many, many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Iván
    you can detect the screen resolution of the monitor and give it a different look and feel using CSS. you should care about the screen resolution and not the screen dimensions, as the resolutions is the one that controls how big the website is showing.

On Acacia Arts blog | Acacia Arts blog is the number one technology related blog in the MENA region. it shows that the most common screen resolution out there is the 1024x768 , so you have to keep that in mind when you want to build any website.

Remove Ads