Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all,
    I recently came across a small business site that had a homepage with there logo and some basic nav in the center
    But there entire background had a moving flash background made up of photos in the shape of words, that when you moved your mouse to the left, the background would move to the right, up and it would go down and so on as if it followed your mouse but inverted..

How would one do this? I have basic training with flash CS5 but haven't seen something like this before.

Please send a private message to me if you'd want a link to the site im talking about.. Id feel like a spammer if i posted it with out them knowing. Haha.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Depending on the slider, that could be Flash or it could be some form of Javascript (most likely jQuery). I've built sliders of a similar nature using jQuery and it takes a few hours to figure out.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    As of now there website is not loading for me so i cant recheck.. but I remember right clicking because I was going to check out the source and couldn't because it was flash and said what version it was..

But would you have any suggestions what i should look up for either to try and find tutorials?
    My design class teacher wasn't very sure how they made it either and said my flash cs5 book probably wouldn't cover something like it

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Then it's definitely Flash. If the version number shows up, then there's no question that's what it is.

As far as a Flash-specific tutorial, I wouldn't know where to look. I try to avoid using Flash whenever possible because Javascript is advancing to the point where it kicks the crap out of Flash for most things I'm trying to do.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I found some sort of flash plug in called peacemaker 2 that i think may have been used to make it.. They have a free open source download on there site.. Ill have to figure out how to use it in flash

Remove Ads