Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Hi everyone, maybe you all could help me out here. I have a project going on right now. Everything runs fine expect for one thing. I have a main SWF file that loads external SWF's. One of the external SWF's loads a external txt file. Now, when I run the external SWF file by itself, the external txt file loads fine. But when I use the main SWF file to load the external SWF in question, I get these error's from the Output window:

Error #2044: Unhandled ioError:. text=Error #2032: Stream Error.
    TypeError: Error #2007: Parameter child must be non-null.
    at flash.display:isplayObjectContainer/addChildAt()
    at fl.controls::BaseButton/drawBackground()
    at fl.controls::BaseButton/draw()
    at fl.core::UIComponent/drawNow()
    at fl.controls::ScrollBar/draw()
    at fl.controls::UIScrollBar/draw()
    at fl.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

For some reason I think it might be because of certain import statements not being included in the main SWF file. But I'm not sure. The txt file is where it should be as referenced in the external SWF file, but my main SWF file isn't picking up on it. I'm at a loss here.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I ended up just using a TLF TextField and pasted the text in question into the external SWF file that loads it. It's not exactly the method I wanted to use because of file sizes, but it works nonetheless. Kept the actionscript though so I could keep the formatting and apply it to the textfield.

Remove Ads