Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello,

I've been working on a client's site (I didn't make it, just making a few adjustments) and it has a flash animation in the header. The strange thing is that this animation shows in every browser except Firefox. And the even stranger thing is that when I view the page offline (that is, opening it from the folder where I keep the index.html file on my computer) it works just fine.

Is there any reason why Firefox might not display a flash animation online but it will offline?

Here's the site: www.harleyoilcoolers.com. Let me know if it works for you in Firefox and if you can think of why it doesn't work for me.

I have the latest version of Firefox (7.0), but the animation didn't work in Firefox 5 or 6.

Thanks for any help,
    Blake

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I believe that Firefox requires an addon to display Flash. If many of your target market are using FF, you may want to consider using javascript to re-create the slideshow. jQuery has several really good, ready-to-use sliders.

BTW - your text "Watch the video which proves not even a double barrel shotgun can tare through Oil Bud" - tare is wrongly spelled - it should be "tear" .
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for your reply.

I also noticed the misspelling of the word "tear," but I unfortunately don't have the .fla file for that flash video. I'll have to buy a .swf to .fla converter before I can fix it.

But it's strange that I can see that flash video, but not the one in the header. I'm not too flash savvy, so maybe they're different types of flash. I'll check out the flash plugins for FF.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I updated to the latest flash plugin for Firefox, but the site still doesn't work when I view it online. However, it still works when I view the files offline.

Remove Ads