Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    so i was asked by a co-worker if i could help her edit a flash movie and usually im quite good at this but when i open the .fla in flash (cs4 professional) i see only two layers. there are bout ten images in the movie. but like i said only two layers. one which actually contains nothing. in the layer that does have content there are no motion tweens that i can see that should be causing the fade to the next picture or zoom out motions that occur. there's only one keyframe at the end of the picture. if i open the movie explorer i only see one scene, with a sub group named "actions for last frame" and then below that stop();. and nothing really changes if i deleted the empty layer which contains the action.

any ideas what so ever?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Problem solved! So it turns out that the reason I was not able to edit this movie in flash was because it was first created and exported as a video in after effects, then converted from .avi to.flv using adobe encoder, then imported to flash and a blank layered added which contain a stop script.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Glad you solved the problem cause I had no idea what the problem was in the first place. Yes this is a common practice to export Ae files to SWF because SWF files can be compressed to considerably smaller file sizes than that of the MEGA-HUGE Aftereffects files. I use Aftereffects myself, and one movie I have when rendered is a whopping 318 megs, or 3GB's. Imagine the download time on a 56K modem connection. Also, SWF files tend to run much more smoothly than the usual AVI file types.

Member #
    thank you

Remove Ads