Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

flash player streaming

hey all;

Trying to do something a little different here, basically im trying to make a .strm file so I can play it on KODI (raspberry pi) the website im trying to get it from is Listen Online | Hit107 | Move To It I have tried EVERYTHING I can with this particular link to get it playing but nothing is working, someone then told me maybe this isnt the link that the flashplayer is getting the music from... REALLY hoping someone here can help me

TIA

Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Maybe you should contact the owners of that website. Most stream files are embedded in a directory on a server and then called up by a player.

Our daughters have had an internet radio station since 2007. Their website is on one of our vps and their stream files are on a different dedicated server.

When they do a live stream from their website, instead of Shoutcast, their music is actually being called up and playing on their dedicated server. not on the vps their website is on but you're listening to the music on their website.

There is no way anyone can link to their music files without their permission and them furnishing the link to them, the same for their hidden player on their website, and that's not going to happen.

They use a dedicate Shoutcast server with a hosting company for their streams that specializes in Shoutcast streaming.

(I know the original post was old and no one had answered it. When I saw how many views it had I decided to answer it)
    Last edited by bleau canon; Aug 14th, 2016 at 08:18 PM.

Remove Ads