Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm pretty new to Flash (using v5 on Win2000), so I apologize if this is an easy problem to fix. I have a Flash movie with 3 segments in it. I would like to set it up that while a segment is playing in the browser, the viewer is able to click on the movie and go to the respective web page for that segment. I figured out how to include the url (getURL actionscript) but the problem I'm having is that when the segment with the get URl script loads, it automatically jumps to the URL. How can I set it up where you have to use a mouse click to engage the URL link?

Member #
    hmmm..

I'm pretty sure you can give an onpress function to a movie clip.

So I would make three different movie clips instead of one with three sections.

just have each movie clip on it's own layer and it's own instance name.

Then add actionscript to each movie clip instance that tells it to go to a url when the movie clip is pressed.

I haven't actually done this, so I'm not sure it will work, but it seems like it would.

Let me know

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Originally posted by ckavinsky
    I'm pretty new to Flash (using v5 on Win2000), so I apologize if this is an easy problem to fix. I have a Flash movie with 3 segments in it. I would like to set it up that while a segment is playing in the browser, the viewer is able to click on the movie and go to the respective web page for that segment. I figured out how to include the url (getURL actionscript) but the problem I'm having is that when the segment with the get URl script loads, it automatically jumps to the URL. How can I set it up where you have to use a mouse click to engage the URL link?

Well GetUrl is the right one but i think you placed that action in root movie frame you should put that action in button

Remove Ads