Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi there, I'm totally new to this website design thing. My wife has built me a website based around some ideas that i had to put some music and art up on the web. One of the pages which she made using flash features some sillouettes of instruments which reveal the instrument and play the sound that it makes when you roll over it. I asked her if it was possible to have a little record button icon which you could press in a start/stop fashion and then roll over the instruments to make some sounds which could then be saved as a loop. She tried one way but said she didn't know how to save the time delays between each instrument and told me to go and find out how to do it. So here I am. Can anyone help with any code or information or something? Or can anyone at least point me in the right direction? If you want to have a look at the page in question then please go to www.slatepipe.co.uk and click on the bee which says "the instruments that are used". thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I believe it's possible, but it may require (in fact likely requires):

1. User intervention before the recording begins for security reasons
    2. Flash 6; I think nothing below 6 supports recording.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Well.... rather than "record", what you could do is create a flash-based loop editor, similar to "Acid Music" and such.

Search flashkit here: http://www.flashkit.com/search.php?t...&submit=Submit

You'll likely find quite a few "out of the box" music loopers that you can use for non-commercial applications.

Good luck !

Remove Ads