Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Question SWF/HTML generated by Indesign not displaying in browser

I'll start with a disclaimer: I am a print-based graphic designer with a little HTML/CSS knowledge.

I maintain the website for my company, but I've been forced to use this awful GoDaddy Website Builder and one of their hideous themes. I've tried to talk my boss into letting me build a new page from scratch, not using the stupid Website Builder, to no avail, so this is what I'm working with. This is probably a factor in the issue I am experiencing.

I was asked to take a print document that I created and make it display in the browser with page-turning effects. That's easy enough to do in InDesign - it exports as both .SWF and .HTML. files. I can open the HTML in any browser. The SWF will not open unless I open it in an Adobe program, which converts it to that particular file type.

I tried to upload and link both the HTML and the SWF to the website. The HTML displays a blank page, and the SWF just downloads the file. I think I need to somehow upload the SWF and use the HTML to display it? This is further complicated by the fact that the horrendous GoDaddy Website Builder does not have any sort of traditional FTP, so I'm not sure how to find the location and file path.

Go here: https://www.nortonceilings.com/products.html (have a laugh at the hideous site) and click the "View our Wood Ceiling and Wood Wall Inspiration Booklet" link. That is the HTML file, generated by InDesign and uploaded.

Any ideas?

Remove Ads