Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Hi, I have seen a Flash animation here: http://www.npgmusicclub.com/promo/index.html and I like the effect of the screens flashing in, zooming out then scrolling along.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do this, being a total Flash dummy. Does anyone have any clues to give me, or a tutorial I could follow?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Well, what you *can* do, in the simplest solution, is to resize the image so that it is at it's most zoomed. Then all you do is create your next keyframe with image at it's zoomed out. Then right-click (not sure of the equivalent on the Mac) on the frames between the two and "Create Motion Tween"

The end result is that it looks zoomed out. Another effect you might want to do is to click on the picture in the zoomed keyframe (the first one) and then set the tint to be 255,255,255 (white) and then it will give that (no pun intended) Flash effect.

Hope that helps

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    This is just creative use of masking to clip the image area.... then the image is scaled up and down to make it appear like it's zooming in and out, and moving left and right to make it appear like it's panning.

EDIT: search for tutorials on how to use Layer Masking to learn how to do this and other cool things.

Member #
    Prince rules. I love that site. You have good taste, man.

Banned
    Member #
    what is this movie saying?, other than prince is way up his own ***. $25 to join? f*ck that

Member #
    don't listen to him, he's a thief

Banned
    Member #
    :laugh:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I heard that Prince is a Jehovah's Witness now and goes door to door trying to talk to people... apparently people even get annoyed with HIM !!!

Member #
    Thanks for the on-topic responses. I'll take a look for a layer mask tutorial and try to come up with a similar looking effect.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I've done this effect a lot... it's really easy. In fact, I'd post some examples, but I just reformatted my machine and haven't had the chance to put flash on yet. Sorry!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads