Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    2 questions really.

question the first.

how can I turn an image into a link using flash mx?

question the second

how can I create a fluid movement in flash mx
    better explained, how can I cause something to move smoothly between frames. I am assuming that the method I was taking (capturuing frame and image position frame by frame) is the only way of doing this.

Banned
    Member #
    answer the first
    turn your image into a movieclip and attach the 'getURL' action to the onRelease event, in the 'actions' panel

answer the second
    use a motion tween: do this by creating two key frames, eg 10 frames apart, with the states you want to animate between, right click on the space between the keyframes, and select 'create motion tween'.

Member #
    thank you sir. I dont remember any of that from my cursory inspection of the manual but I can promise Ill be bookmarking this thread for reference.

Member #
    to make a motion tween: right click on the keyframe of the object you want to tween where you want it to start. choose motion tween. the keyframe will go a purply colour. Next, make another keyframe further down where you want it to stop. check the colour of that frame, you may have to right click and choose motion tween again. With that frame seleted move to object to where you want it to stop. and viola!

wayne

Member #
    to make link: with the actions panel open select the object. in actions click 'on' -you can keep it on release. then pick 'geturl' and enter the url of where you want it to go. i usually pick _blank as the target.
    any help?

wayne

Member #
    how do you create a mouseover image switch in actionscript?

Member #
    i do it like this: make new symbol, choose button. You get four frames. up, down, over, and hit. up is how it will look normal. down is how it will look when you press it and obviously over, when the mouse is over. Change the image in that keyframe to get a mouse over effect.

lata
    wayne
    www.urbancrag.co.za
    waynethompson@webmail.co.za

Remove Ads