Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi

Ive noticed a lot of flash sites using like a flickering fade effect making there sites look excellent and really electronic, i hope you guys know what i mean, Ive been fidling changing the alpha of my elements to try and recreate this effect but dont seem to have much luck.

Does anyone know of some good setting of how to do this or am i doing it completly wrong?

http://www.2advanced.com/archive/v3/flashindex.htm this is a link to site with flickering similar to what i want to be able to do.

Cheers
    Whats the matter the CIA got u pushing too many pencils ???

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Im not the best action scripter out there but i might be able to help.

You could put something like this on your movie clip.

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    this._alpha= Math.random()*100;
    }
    It says, when the movie goes into another frame, change my alpha to a randome value between 1-100.

This would cause your element to have a jittery effect but not as steady as 2advanced.

Another way you could do this is to make a movie clip with the element you want to flicker and inside the movie clip create two keyframes but only put your graphic in one of those frames. That way the movie clip will toggle between and 'on' 'off' state.

Another thing.. make sure your playing your animation at least 24 frames per second. That will allow the movie to play fast enough for things to look fluid. Personally i usually go 30fps.

Remove Ads